Top Five Things I Love About Jax and Veronica from “Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies” by Avery Flynn
One of the many reasons why I think Lori is totally fab? She comes up with the best ideas for guest blogs. I only hope this lives up to how much I loved her question.
Lori: What are five things you love about your characters in Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies?
Avery: Only five? Ha, just kidding. 🙂 OK, here they are presented in order that hit my brain as opposed to in order of importance. I only wish I thought with that much organization. I’d need a lot more coffee to make that happen.
1. Veronica Kwon is not a whiner. She doesn’t bitch. She doesn’t moan. She just gets the job done. I love that she uses her iron control so effectively, except of course, when it comes to the hottie McHottie known as Jax Taylor.
2. Jax is all super hot Southern charm, but it’s not fake. He is the real deal. A true stand-up guy who is willing to sacrifice his own happiness for the woman he loves.
3. Veronica is smart, flexible and can deliver a one liner like no one else. She really is kick ass. I’d like to borrow all three of those skills some days. Especially when my procrastination quotient is high.
4. Jax is fearless when it comes to going after what he wants and helping the woman he never stopped loving. He is a prototypical alpha hero with a big splash of sweet talker mixed in. It is a lethal combination.
5. Together Jax and Veronica are … well …. they pretty much melted my keyboard. Really. They are smokin’ hot.
I could go on, but there are the five Lori wanted. If you’ve read Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies, I’d love to know your favorite things about Jax and Veronica. And don’t let the fun end now. Enter to win a Jax and the Beanstalk Zombies prize pack (including a Shaun of the Dead DVD, zombie hunting license and more) from Avery Flynn and a $25 Amazon gift card!
The treasure hunter… Veronica Kwon is determined to be the only person in control of her destiny. After surviving a broken engagement and turning her back on her wealthy manipulative father, she’s started a treasure hunting company and is ready for the adventure of a lifetime.
The ex-fiance… Jax Taylor is a Southern charmer with enough sex appeal to melt the polar ice caps. He disappeared three months before their wedding and swore heíd never cross paths with Veronica again.
The magic beanstalk… Brought together again by their dying mentor, who has found three enchanted beans, Veronica and Jax agree to an uneasy partnership. Together they’ll climb a magic beanstalk to the cloud kingdom, but will their destiny be the riches they so desire, the passion they thought dead…or will the undead get them first?
Avery Flynn has three slightly-wild children, loves a hockey-addicted husband and is desperately hoping someone invents the coffee IV drip. Find out more about Avery on her website, follow her on Twitter, like her on her Facebook page or friend her on her Facebook profile. Also, if you figure out how to send Oreos through the Internet, she’ll be your best friend for life.