The new year is almost here and of course you know what that means…more reading challenges! I must admit I signed up for this challenge last year and failed miserably, but I’m determined to kick it’s ass in 2014! The 2014 Audio Book Challenge is hosted by two awesome ladies, The Book Nympho and Hot Listens. I always thought audio books were not for me until these ladies and some other friends convinced me to give them a try. They help ease long commutes, slow days at work or make boring chores a little more entertaining. Find more information on this challenge below and sign up HERE.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2014 than you did in 2013.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5 audio books
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10 audiobooks
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15 audiobook
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20 audiobooks
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30 audiobooks
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+ audiobooks
Don’t know where to get your audio books? We’ve got you covered!
FREE audio resources:
Overdrive through your local library
Audiobook Jukebox audios for review
Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10 audiobooks – 3/10 Completed
1. Darkness Rising by Keri Arthur
2. Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur
3. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
4. Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
5. A Little Night Magic by Lucy March
6. Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
8. Storm Front by Jim Butcher
9. A Witch’s Handbook to Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper
10. Ruthless by Anne Stuart
I think I can do this! I’ll be posting my books and progress here. Happy Listening!
Leave a Reply