The Immortal Reading Challenge has become a must for me, it’s also the one challenge I successfully complete each year so I thought I’d give it another go in 2014. It’s hosted by the sexy maidens over at Under the Covers Book Blog and is a great challenge for readers who love their immortal characters, whether it’s paranormal romance, urban fantasy or sci-fi.
Vampires, angels, demons, werewolves and fae. If you can’t pick a favourite, then that’s okay! Celebrate your love for all things immortal with 2014’s Immortal Reading Challenge.
January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014
1. The Immortals Reading Challenge runs from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. You can join at anytime from now and throughout the year. This is a 2014 challenge, so books read before January 1 will not count to your progress.
2. You pick your goal! Read as many books as you’d like for each species. This means that you can do just one category or all five or a combination of. The choice depends on you and your reading pace.
*UTC has chosen a three book per species standard. However, if this is a breeze for you, then feel free to tackle on the additional bonus entries of two more books of the same level.
3. Re-reads are acceptable.
4. Books chosen can be of any genre.
5. To participate, all you have to do is join our Goodreads book club, The League of Lusty Ladies and check in with updates on your progress regularly on the 2014 Immortals Reading Challenge thread. That’s it!
Every month during 2014 we will make an effort to update on how you’re doing with your challenge. We hope you’ll join us!
Category 1: Vampires
Read any THREE books with vampires as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with vampires
Category 2: Angels and Demons
Read any THREE books with angels and/or demons as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with angels and/or demons
Category 3: Fae and Magic
Read any THREE books with Fae/Witches as the main characters
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books on Fae/Witches.
Category 4: Shifters/Werewolves
Read any THREE books with shifters or werewolves as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books on shifters or werewolves.
SIGN UP FOR THE CHALLENGE HERE
I’m going to choose all 4 categories for this challenge and will be tracking my progress as I go on this post. Happy New Year and Happy Reading!
Category 1: Vampires – 5/5
A Kiss of Blood by Pamela Palmer
2. Iron Night by M.L. Brennan
Vampire Trouble by Sara Humphreys
1. Kiss of Night by Debbie Vigue
2. A Wicked Hunger by Kiersten Fay
Category 2: Angels and Demons – 1/5
1. Angelbound by Christina Bauer
2. Reaver by Larissa Ione
3. Temptation by Fire by Tiffany Allee
1. Darkness Rising by Keri Arthur
2. Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur
Category 3: Fae and Magic – 2/5
1. Kissed by a Dark Prince by Felicity Heaton
2. Storm Front by Jim Butcher
3. The Vampire Hunter by Michele Hauf
1. A Little Night Magic by Lucy March
2. A Witch’s Handbook of Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper
Category 4: Shifters/Werewolves – 2/5
1. Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
2. Soul Resurrected by Keri Lake
3. A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson
1. River Marked by Patricia Briggs
2. Night Blade by J.C. Daniels
Interesting challenge! I would do this one, but I got on a contemporary romance kick in 2013, and who knows what it will be this year! I usually love fae books, so keep us updated on the good ones!
I will definitely share any good reads I find Lenore! Thanks for stopping by 😉
Paranormal is my most read genre, so 25 books is a breeze. But how do you choose when books have multiple species? I’ll think about this for a while.
I go with the main supernatural in the story Aurian…sometimes it gets a little tricky when there’s a big supernatural world in the book!
I think this the only challenge I didn’t sign up for in 2014. LOL
I did it in 2013 and completed it. It’s super easy for peeps that read paranormal books. Good luck!
Heaven forbid you sign up for one more?! LOL I think I’ll use this challenge to also catch up on my series with this year. Thanks!
Good luck with your challenge! I won’t be doing any this year except for the Goodreads one. Happy New Year, Lori! Muah!
Wow, no challenges? You have more willpower than I do! <3
I hadn’t heard of this challenge until I read your post. It sounds like it’d be right-up my alley. Good luck with your goals!
You should join in, it’s super easy with the books we read! 😉
Good luck with your challenges Lori 🙂
Thank you, I’m trying to keep it simple this year so I can meet all my reading goals!
Can’t wait to get started. 🙂
I still have to put up my post for my reading challenges. I swear this one will be super easy. The majority of my books are paranormal. =)