The Immortal Reading Challenge has become a must for me, it’s also the one challenge I successfully complete each year so I thought I’d give it another go in 2014. It’s hosted by the sexy maidens over at Under the Covers Book Blog and is a great challenge for readers who love their immortal characters, whether it’s paranormal romance, urban fantasy or sci-fi.
Vampires, angels, demons, werewolves and fae. If you can’t pick a favourite, then that’s okay! Celebrate your love for all things immortal with 2014’s Immortal Reading Challenge.
January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014
1. The Immortals Reading Challenge runs from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. You can join at anytime from now and throughout the year. This is a 2014 challenge, so books read before January 1 will not count to your progress.
2. You pick your goal! Read as many books as you’d like for each species. This means that you can do just one category or all five or a combination of. The choice depends on you and your reading pace.
*UTC has chosen a three book per species standard. However, if this is a breeze for you, then feel free to tackle on the additional bonus entries of two more books of the same level.
3. Re-reads are acceptable.
4. Books chosen can be of any genre.
5. To participate, all you have to do is join our Goodreads book club, The League of Lusty Ladies and check in with updates on your progress regularly on the 2014 Immortals Reading Challenge thread. That’s it!
Every month during 2014 we will make an effort to update on how you’re doing with your challenge. We hope you’ll join us!
Category 1: Vampires
Read any THREE books with vampires as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with vampires
Category 2: Angels and Demons
Read any THREE books with angels and/or demons as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books with angels and/or demons
Category 3: Fae and Magic
Read any THREE books with Fae/Witches as the main characters
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books on Fae/Witches.
Category 4: Shifters/Werewolves
Read any THREE books with shifters or werewolves as the main characters.
Bonus Entries: Additional TWO books on shifters or werewolves.
I’m going to choose all 4 categories for this challenge and will be tracking my progress as I go on this post. Happy New Year and Happy Reading!
Category 1: Vampires – 5/5
A Kiss of Blood by Pamela Palmer
2. Iron Night by M.L. Brennan
Vampire Trouble by Sara Humphreys
Category 2: Angels and Demons – 1/5
1. Angelbound by Christina Bauer
2. Reaver by Larissa Ione
3. Temptation by Fire by Tiffany Allee
1. Darkness Rising by Keri Arthur
2. Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur
1. A Little Night Magic by Lucy March
2. A Witch’s Handbook of Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper
Category 4: Shifters/Werewolves – 2/5
1. Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn
2. Soul Resurrected by Keri Lake
3. A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson
1. River Marked by Patricia Briggs
2. Night Blade by J.C. Daniels